question

8675309 avatar image
8675309 asked

VRM - #R204 Error Using iPhone App

vc.pngHello,

I have this error coming up when I try remotely connect to the Victron Connect App #R204 on and iPhone

LOCAL WORKS FINE - VRM has this error on the Phone App

Anyone have an idea on what this error could be ?

I don't have a ethernet cable connected to the Cerbo GX

but I'm connected through WIFI and works with VRM Portal

Cheers

DC

VRMVictronConnect
vc.png (118.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Christopher A avatar image Christopher A commented ·
I recently started getting the exact error, although the VRM portal is working. It's getting annoying.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Steve Preston avatar image
Steve Preston answered ·

capture-2021-09-30-19-30-50.pngI've recently started having this same issue with several Android devices except my error code is #R6. It's weird because other Androids that I have connect fine, just a Samsung TAB2 and LG Android phone have a problem. They connected fine just a few days ago. The other thing that is weird is that the VRM application on them connects and works fine but when I try to connect VictronConnect via VRM, it tries to log me in (I tried logging out of the VictronConnect app and can't log back in) and stalls.

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Hi @Ranger Rocko

I too have that #R6 error. Haven't seen VictronConnect all day (Win10 lappy). Yet VRM access to everything else is fine.

Do you still have the issue?, or does anybody else?

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Preston avatar image Steve Preston JohnC ♦ commented ·

I still have this issue on two of my Android devices. One of them shows logged into VictronConnect yet gives the #R6 error. I had mistakenly logged out of the other device and now can not log back into it. It opens a browser and brings up a box stating that I'm logged into VRM and has an "authorize VictronConnect" button. But when I click it, the authorization fails and sends me back the the login. Very frustrating!

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ Steve Preston commented ·
@Ranger Rocko

Yeh, given it's been a weekend I haven't raised the issue with Victron. But I've tried everything I can think of to find a way around it. Reinstalled VictronConnect (even an older, probably beta .exe). Had signed it out of VRM deliberately, and then hit the same brick wall you did trying to get back in.

I don't think this is a platform issue, but the mention of VRM in the messages suggests something related there.

@Teun Lassche Might you please be able to take a look into this? Can provide a Service Report, but reluctant to post that here.

Thanks..

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello,

Does the error #6 still happening to you?

If so, could you please let me know which android version are the Samsung and LG running? Also let me know the VictronConnect version that is installed in both.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ jperez (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
Hi @jperez (Victron Energy Staff)

I'm the Win10 user. Can't log back in (to the VRM requirement of VC) when I start. That after I unlinked VRM in testing.

Dragged out another Win10 lappy about an hour ago, and it updated Connect automatically (both 5.47). It shows the #R6 error, as did the first before I unlinked VRM. (Didn't let the second update Win10.)

End result is no Victron Connect whatsoever, beyond Remote Console, which I can get elseways. Yet I have all the other Victron access to VRM, MFD app, etc.

@Ranger Rocko is the Android man.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ jperez (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
@jperez (Victron Energy Staff)

Back for me right now.. Thank you to 'whoever'. Faith restored.. woweee..

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Preston avatar image Steve Preston jperez (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello @jperez (Victron Energy Staff) - NOTE both are now logged in, connected to VRM, and functioning again. GREAT JOB!

The Samsung tablet is a Samsung SM-T813 with Android version 7.0.
The LG is an LGLS755 with Android 6.0.1.
Both are running VictronConnect v5.47

All of my devices are now able to connect, thanks for the excellent response.

0 Likes 0 ·