question

piet-hein-van-asselen avatar image
piet-hein-van-asselen asked

Trickle charge multiplus 12/3000 wont charge?

hi

I have a brand new multiplus 12/3000

The trickle charge output is connected to a 12 volt 140 ah battery. The voltage is 12,87

When i turn on the multiplus the trickle charge wont charge (i have a smart shunmt connected to the starter battery) and when the multiplus goes into float status also nothing will happen.

When i disconnect the trickle charge cable i measure 4 volts on the trickle charge outpul.

Is this supposed to be? Will trickle charge only charge when reached a certain battery voltage level?

Best regards and thanks in advance!

Piet

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargercharger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
sprinter2072 avatar image
sprinter2072 answered ·

The voltage for the trickle charge is a mystery to me. It seems to be a few tenths below the hose battery voltage, so I don't see current on my starter shunt when the starter battery is almost fully charged. I don't think the voltage is high enough to push in more amps.

Do make sure you have a common ground between starter and house batteries. A common ground is required for the trickle charge to work.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

heinzie avatar image heinzie commented ·
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late response. It seems i had a wiring issue..
0 Likes 0 ·