question

cyberjor avatar image
cyberjor asked

Global Remote 2 data averaging

Hello! I have a Multiplus connected to VGR2 and BMV. The logging interval is 15 minutes. Are the voltage, current, and power data points always an average from the last 15 minute interval? Furthermore, if data connection is lost and an interval is skipped, does the next reported data point account for the last 30 minute interval, or is the first 15 minute interval lost? Thanks!

VRMBMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I think the data is held in the venus device and as long as the RAM does not fill up it will then upload everything that was missed, while the disconnection occurred.

I have not done this myself so best you test and disconnect for say 1 hr then see if the data is uploaded once you reconnect.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cyberjor avatar image cyberjor commented ·

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately we do not have a Venus device - only the VGR, which as far as I know doesn't have any internal storage per se.

When connectivity goes away, the next time data is transmitted there is no immediate way to determine what interval the data is for, as it only records the time the data is sent and not when the logging interval started.

0 Likes 0 ·