question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

VE BMS connecting two VE BMS units to two Inverters Quattro 8000 24 volt

Hi,

The customer has purchased 2 x 24 volt 10Kw lithium battery banks

and he wants two separate banks connected to the 2 x 24v 8000va Quattros

and 2 x 250 volt 85 amp smart solar mppts with 2kw of panels on each

these 2 quattros are connected in parallel and they both will be connected to a common battery bus, that has both battery banks connected to that same bus

Now I am wanting to install a VE BMS on each bank these will control the inverters and will have a alarm trigger by the faulty bank as well.

Plus generator autostart is being installed through a CCGX unit

so far all is ok

However how do I do this connection to the VE BUS ????? just install the 2 bms in series so that each will control the inverters if a fault occurs in the LV and HV cell bms units. (will this work)

IE switching off the inverters if a fault occurs in any one bank with LV or turning off the chargers if a HV occurs in any one bank.

the big question is this possible, I suspect Not

any advice out there please on the 2 x VE BMS connections, possible or not,

if it cant be done and its maybe a better option anyway, ill just use the ve bms units to turn a large relay off on each bank thus isolating that bank only. this is the way I am leaning.

but I am interested if this is possible as well

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

What type of batteries are they?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

lithium phosphate

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Victron batteries?

why do you want to use 2x bms? the batteries are on the same bus so 1 bms should be enough I'd think?

0 Likes 0 ·