question

jan-kees avatar image
jan-kees asked

No data alarm. relays

I just got another "No Data Alarm"
This means my 4G router has to be reset....which for me means flying across the ocean or bugging somebody to drive 30 -50 minutes to my boat

SO

is it possible to program one of the relays to reset when there has been a 'no data alarm"

I do think the Venus reboots after it can not get a connection? Can that be used with one of the relays to reset the router?.

Venus OSVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

You can set the VenusOS to reboot if looses connection to VRM. Take a look in Settings; VRM Online Portal. Then set a time on the option for Reboot Device when no contact.

There is no option with standard VenusOS to trigger a relay to reset.

you could look at the large image with NodeRed abs build a flow to do what you want.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jan-kees avatar image
jan-kees answered ·

yes I am aware that arm can reboot when it looses connection
was just hoping to have one of the relays set in such a way that it could be used when rebooting .
or
use the no connection state to turn of and on a relay

2 |3000

Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

You don't really need any additional logic to get this working automatically.

Just wire the 4G router power supply through one of the GX device relays, manually set the relay state to on/closed and set it up to auto reboot on loss of internet connection.

During a reboot the GX device relays will be un-energised and open circuit, at which time the 4G router will lose power and also restart.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic