question

Chris Van Dyke avatar image
Chris Van Dyke asked

Can I use auxiliary battery charger output (4 amp) on MultiPlus compact to charge a AGM start battery?

I have a new MultiPlus Compact inverter/charger. I see a 4 amp output for auxiliary charging. Can I use this on AGM start battery for charging.

battery chargingmultiplus compact
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@cwvandy

Absolutely. I do believe that is what it is meant for.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2020/10/30/how-to-install-a-multiplus-inverter-charger/

A neat little article to help you familiarize yourself with the unit.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chris Van Dyke avatar image Chris Van Dyke commented ·

Thanks much Alexandra! I used this article to install the charger. It really is great and very helpful. It just wasn't clear about whether the aux battery output would work with a different type of battery from my house bank (Lithium vs AGM) and whether it needed, or even could be, programmed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Van Dyke avatar image
Chris Van Dyke answered ·

Connected the trickle charger on my MultiPlus 2000 Compact. The article, though helpful on most all install questions, has photos of different, older unit. My inverter/charger has the spade connector in a very different location. It is noted in an appendix drawing in the instructions on line and provided with the unit, however. It does require removing both rear covers. For anyone interested, the charge is about 4 amps and floats at about 13.1 volts rather than the higher, lithium settings for house batteries. This makes it perfect for a AGM start battery.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual