question

Adam Robb avatar image
Adam Robb asked

Why can't I connect the CCGX VE Bus to VE BUS BMS ?

Just wondering if anyone can give a valid reason why the CCGX cannot connect to the 'remote' terminal on the VE Bus on the BMS. It says in the BMS manual to connect it to the Multi. But when I have tried it out everything seems to work as normal and I can even see the Multi on the CCGX as it is connected on the "multi/quattro" terminal of the BMS. The only thing that seems to happen is the 'Enable" light goes off on the BMS. Just asking out of interest and because the Multi is a much longer run through the boat and I had forgotten to do it when I ran the other one.

BMSCCGX Color ControlVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

At the very beginning the manual said to connect the CCGX to the remote contact of the BMS. But if I remember correctly that caused a problem that the MultiPlus won't turn on again after a low voltage cut-off from the BMS. I guess it is some kind of conflict in the VE.Bus protocol. So because of that you have to connect the CCGX directly to the MultiPlus.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Adam Robb avatar image Adam Robb commented ·

@Matthias Lange - DE thanks mate. Was just curious as to why, but that answers me! My own stupid fault for forgetting to run it in the first place!

0 Likes 0 ·
jboynes avatar image jboynes commented ·

We also found that when the CCGX was connected to the remote terminal on the BMS, the MultiPlus would not restart when turned off using its rocker switch. Connecting the CCGX directly to the MultiPlus was the solution.

0 Likes 0 ·