question

seb71 avatar image
seb71 asked

[Request] Where can I download old Cerbo GX 2.60 firmware?

Can someone from Victron e-mail me the 2.60 firmware for Cerbo GX?

Thanks in advance.

-------

It is no longer available for download from Victron Professional.

On that note, why can't you leave old firmware versions available for download?

-------

I have big WiFi issues with 2.62 and 2.63, as described here, so I would like to have 2.60 available (for now I can still boot 2.60 from my Cerbo GX, but if that gets corrupted or if I overwrite it with a newer version and that still does not work properly, I am lost).

cerbo gxVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi see here: https://updates.victronenergy.com/feeds/venus/release/images/

The Cerbo GX is the einstein build.

Venus GX is beaglebone,

and the MultiPlus-II GX and EasySolar-II GX is nano-pi

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
lshantz avatar image
lshantz answered ·

Perhaps you can help us all out. It looks like this is a huge problem. I updated (yesterday) to the latest firmware it suggested. It has blown my system up! Password incorrect. (it is not) inverter shut down until I disconnected the Cerbo GX. What a mess. In Einstein there are MANY different builds it appears. I'm guessing 2.64 is beta? Does that fix issues? I sure wouldn't want to brick this unit. Is there a way to do a "factory reset" on it? I can find no details on that. What about including a detailed diagram of the Cerbo GX conections. I can't even find that.

To manually do the firmware update: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/firmware-updates.html

P.S. later I found I had 2.65 on it. I went back to 2.63 and still locked out. Will keep going backwards till I can get back to it.

3 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi lshantz, sorry about your issue!

Locked out of what exactly? What password? There are several features with a password.

0 Likes 0 ·
lshantz avatar image lshantz mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Using bluetooth to get into the Cerbos GX, it wants the password to connect. When I enter the correct password it says incorrect password.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ lshantz commented ·

Hi @lshantz

I've sent you an email.

-1 Like -1 ·

Related Resources