question

double-joy avatar image
double-joy asked

REC BMS does not show up in Cerbo /GX50 device list

All devices show up except the REC BMS

cerbo gx
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

It doesn't help the situation, but Victron hasn't done any testing or compliance with REC BMS.

Tested and supported batteries are listed here - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:start

I will move this to the modifications section.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Double Joy

Did you select the correct CANbus speed?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wavezest avatar image
wavezest answered ·

Old thread. Still, did you find the solution?

With the Cerbo GX it works if the can cable is connected to the VE.can port, and the Can bus profile set to >VE.Can and CAN-bus BMS (250kbit/s)<.

2 |3000

av1um avatar image
av1um answered ·

I'm using REC in multiple installations and havent had a problem ever since.

with the update from REC (talk to Mr. Andrejasic) you can even see the single different cell voltages in the GX display. I would recommend it to everyone, cheap and very reliable.

rec.png

rec.png (35.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

dirkmuc avatar image dirkmuc commented ·
interesting, I got the information from REC that this is not possible. Do you see also cell resistance and when balancing occurs?
0 Likes 0 ·
kris avatar image
kris answered ·

You will only see the lowest and highest single cell

rec-bms-detal.jpg

rec-bms-detal.jpg (54.6 KiB)
2 |3000