question

timdoring avatar image
timdoring asked

Best settings - getting confused

I have completed my install of

• MPPT 100/30 controlling 2 -170 watt panels wired in series
  • BMV-712
  • And 4 Victron 6V/240Ah AGM Deep Cycle BAT406225084

My problem is figuring out the best settings on the MPPT and BVM. In all my reading I am more confused, much less the fact on the MPPT there are two options for the Victron deep discharge and an AMG. Not to mention on the BVM things like Peukert, charge efficiency, ect.

I just spent a lot of money on all of this and want to get the most out of it and the best battery life.

BMV Battery MonitorMPPT SmartSolarAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Are you running a 12v or 24v system? As far as the MPPT, your best bet is to set it according to the battery spec sheet, and include the temperature deviation settings. Let me know

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

timdoring avatar image
timdoring answered ·

Murry,
I am running a 12 volt system sorry for not listing that.
Also I should have mentioned I have the Smart Battery Sense unit.

When looking at the Victron page for the battery spec I only saw a few things listed where as the MPPT and BVM have a lot of other variables not listed.

Thank you for your input

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic