question

Herve RV Nizard avatar image
Herve RV Nizard asked

Remote VE Configure setting not available?

capture-decran-2021-02-04-a-165216.pngGood day to all. I have just added a 3rd installation on my VRM . All work well except I cannot find the Remote VE Configure option. See 2 pictures attached .

On all my installations, I have the Remote VE configure option on the devices list page . Not on the last one .(neither the firmware update option !) . Did I miss something or did something wrong ? May be settings ? Any help would be appreciated . Thanks capture-decran-2021-02-04-a-164821.png

VRMVEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi,

Most likely "two-way communication" in the VRM menu of the GX device is disabled. Enable it and then please try again.

More documentation about this feature is available here.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Herve RV Nizard avatar image
Herve RV Nizard answered ·

capture-decran-2021-02-05-a-111234.png

Thanks @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager). 2 way is on. But I noticed the firmware was not updated correctly and has 2.03 instead of required 2.17 . Can it be due to this ? Question. I can try to update the firmware from VRM, but will it reboot / shut down the system ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes, that is definitely it then. You will need to update the GX to the current version.

Updating the firmware of the GX should not restart the power electronics of the system, I regularly do GX updates for testing without losing power to my house, but I can’t say for certain in all circumstances that it won’t.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources