question

fenix avatar image
fenix asked

ORION-TR SMART 12/12-30A ISOLATED DC-DC CHARGER

Could someone demonstrate what should be the charging :curve in this situation:

Truck batterie - 25 foot of gauge 2 wire with a Anderson connector - Breaker 60Amp - ORION-TR SMART 12/12-30A - 2 foot of gauge 6 - 2 Battleborn 100amp

Batterie SOC at 60% as per BMV-712

ORION-TR SMART 12/12-30A setting as per BattleBorn

i start my truck.....

what voltage should i see after the ORION?

what should be the amp?

what is the curve (amp and voltage) to bring the batteries full?

Lithium Batteryorion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
randy-putnam avatar image
randy-putnam answered ·

I’m searching for the same answers as you, except my application is a boat. So far, all I get is the sound of crickets.....I think, however, you need to know your alternator (smart? traditional?, voltage at start and at run?). I THINK (caution here) my engine battery will show ~13.XX volts at start up and then come down to 13.XX volts while running. But I don’t know yet what the “XX” is. KnowIng this I can then set my “engine on” and “engine off” parameters in Victron Connect. I, too, have 2 Battle Born 100AH house bank batteries wired in parallel and have emailed Battle Born for the same information. They are very good at answering directly without a lot of extraneous terms only an EE would understand.. Once I know I‘ll let you know.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.