question

n-dee avatar image
n-dee asked

current flow shown wrong with WR on AC-out

I've got a Fronius on AC OUT and it is shown wrong on remote console.

The correct flow is the one i have drawn with the red arrows.

Why's that?

Any possibility do modify that? or will it be corrected in one of the next firmwares?

Flow should go from PV-Inverter to AC Loads.
The existing path (blue connection) to Victron should be used afterwards. (second red arrow not necessary.)

2021-01-21-13-17-16-remote-console-on-lan.png

regards,

Andy

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
n-dee avatar image
n-dee answered ·

One more thing to ad:

I've got everything behind the victrons (and removed the smartmeter as it isn't neccessary and furthermore slowes down regulation of Multiplus!) so AC-Loads are Critical Loads.

When using Smartmeter, the flows are shown right.

regards,

Andy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

raymiller avatar image
raymiller answered ·

Andy, I have a similar problem. It would appear that the software is too smart and makes an assumption about where the inverter is located, but without the option to move it. On the GUI mine adds the Fronius Inverter output Watts (wireless connection to the wifi network) to the load which is not the case.

The Victron inverter is not installed as yet but I've got two ET340 energy meters configured for multiphase even though I only use a single-phase (to end up with one on each side of the inverter BEV charging before the inverter and house loads). I wanted detailed power and energy readings and multiphase was the only config that gives that data.

Improvements list

- be able to configure the ET340 meters on a single phase using the three separate meters

- I programed my two ET340 to operate on the one bus as address 1 and 2 using the manufactures software.

- be able to configure the Fronius inverter location either before or after the Victron inverter

1 comment
2 |3000

Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image Vangelis Beligiannis commented ·

Sorry for jumping in but I have a question for you that could really help me out. Have you installed an energy meter after the PV inverter so it measures the clear AC LOADS? If yes, how was this recognized by the GX device?

I have a Fronius on the AC out, and from what I know the AC loads are calculated by the AC output of the Multiplus minus the PV power of the Fronius. So it is not a clear measurement.

Having an energy meter measuring the clear AC LOADS would be much better, so this is the reason of my question.

Thank you in advance

0 Likes 0 ·