question

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem asked

remote GUI stops responding to mouse events

After using the GX GUI in a web page for a while, it stops responding to mouse click and drag events and I need to resort to the virtual buttons on the right side. Text entry does not show the virtual keyboard, instead showing the "demo labeler" button graphic you'd use on a CCGX.

Opening the page will initially respond to mouse events but at some point, this stops working. I can not repeat any sequence events that causes the problem.

The only thing that restores mouse functionality is to kill the GUI (or reboot the GX device).

I noticed this on a CCGX but discovered it happens much more often running Venus on a Raspberry PI.

Browser is Safari 14.0.1 on MacOS 10.15.7 but this happened before upgrading to 10.15 also. Also tried FireFox on MaxOS with same results.

Edge on Windows experiences lack of response to mouse clicks but seems to recover after repeated clicks. Same with FireFox on Ubuntu. Same with Chromium on Debian (Raspberry PI).

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers