question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.62~10 available for testing

Good day all,

Just now, a new version was made available to test as a Release Candidate, version v2.62~9.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

The goal is for this beta release to be one of the very last ones before official release. Please give it a good test and report below if all works well, or if you see any regressions or other issues.

Changes in v2.62~8 and v2.62~9

• Fix an issue causing MPPTs to (sometimes) no longer be properly put in External Control. Issue was introduced earlier during v2.62 development, thank you @Daniel for reporting.
  • Fix a quite rare issue with these AC Current Sensors.
  • Fix grid alarm flapping in systems having a PV Inverter on the AC-Output. This issue was introduced in v2.60. Thank you @ThomasW. for reporting.
  • Fix unreliable detection for BMV-600s running firmware v2.08 and later as well as MPPT Solar Chargers running firmware v1.09 or earlier. Issue was introduced in v2.40.
  • Remove parameters "Nr. of modules blocking charge" and "Nr. of modules blocking discharge" for the BYD batteries, since there is a bug in the parameter. Once fixed we'll put it back.
  • Improve stability of TCP connection to PV Inverters, most importantly SolarEdge PV Inverters.
  • developers: Add support for remotely controlling the relay in a BMV, through for example MQTT. Support for this in ModbusTCP will follow later.

Changes in v2.62~10

• Update dnsmasq as per recent CVEs

To see the changes in previous v2.62 beta versions, start with the previous post, here.

Thats it for now, all the best, as always thank you for your interest and efforts; and have a good day!

Matthijs

Venus OS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi all, message updated to v2.62~10, which was made available a few seconds ago

0 Likes 0 Ā·
3 Answers
mediacut avatar image
mediacut answered Ā·

Hello, please note 2 bugs on Cerbo UI

screenshot-2021-01-22-at-101602.png

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hi, thank you - we'll look into that.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Issue found and solved. Not sure if this will make it into v2.62 anymore, but in case it doensnt then ready for next one

0 Likes 0 Ā·
n-dee avatar image n-dee mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Any plans of changing the way of showing Inverters connected to AC-out?
you may find the explanation here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/74241/current-flow-shown-wrong-with-wr-on-ac-out.html

regards,
Andy

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ n-dee commented Ā·

Hi Andy, yes for sure. Not in this iteration though. Matthijs

0 Likes 0 Ā·
n-dee avatar image n-dee mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Excellent, thanks!
Victron is a clear leader when it comes to enduser/community-support.
This forum and the possibility to participate in beta-firmwares shows this clearly. Keep up the good work!

regards,
Andy

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mediacut avatar image mediacut mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·

Hehe, this is the reason I like Victron! Nice!!!

0 Likes 0 Ā·
thomasw-1 avatar image
thomasw-1 answered Ā·

Hi Matthijs,

following issue was already present in previous versions, today I had time to proof the relation with GX and to confirm it also on current beta.

When overall grid solution is launched, Venus GX starts quicker than network router where GX is actually attached. Since GX obviously has also an DHCP-server included (mostlikely as a consequence of the running avahi* processes), other network devices partially retrieve from GX a network address in the 169.254.0.0 range. As a consequence local devices can't communicate between each other anymore.

Interestingly GX assigns itself one address from offical network DHCP (as configured on GX setup), but in parallel another assigned by GX itself.

Offically assigned IP:

eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr F8:36:9B:FF:09:1B
          inet addr:172.27.27.220  Bcast:172.27.27.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::fa36:9bff:feff:91b%lo/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1450  Metric:1
          RX packets:40488 errors:0 dropped:1030 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:96372 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:3186316 (3.0 MiB)  TX bytes:115059375 (109.7 MiB)
          Interrupt:178

Internally assigned IP:

ll-eth0   Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr A2:4A:4A:3F:22:D1
          inet addr:169.254.7.57  Bcast:0.0.0.0  Mask:255.255.0.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::a04a:4aff:fe3f:22d1%lo/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1450  Metric:1
          RX packets:4287 errors:0 dropped:677 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:158 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:598261 (584.2 KiB)  TX bytes:56654 (55.3 KiB)

I can imagine, that the DHCP is required, when GX runs with activated Wifi-access-point option. However would it be not possible to resctrict the DHCP-function on that interface only and to ignore the LAN interface?

Cheers,
Thomas

1 comment
2 |3000

Hey @ThomasW., the DHCP is restricted to the local wifi access point. I'm 100% sure. And its not giving out the 169.254 IP addresses. Those addresses are assigned by devices themselves, through a technique called linklocal. More information in Google.

So, I'm not sure whats happening in your network - but its not that.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
thomasw-1 avatar image
thomasw-1 answered Ā·

Hi Mathijs,

I would not necessarily declare my second post about the UI beahviour on this beta as a bug. However at least the implementation is not consistent.

When entering certain menus, the most recently used submenu item is selected by default. As you can see from following illustrustration, that previously selected subitem "Details" gets selected, after having entered the BYD menu. This beahviour is actually present on all main menus except the "Settings" one.

1611487054680.png

However when selecting the "Settings" menu, this nice feature does not get applicated. After having selected the "Settings" menu, ever the first item gets selected.

1611487362609.png

Since I have to perform a lot of tests with ESS currently, it would be very helpful, if the feature that is present in other menus, would be also functional in "Settings" one.
Of course I could assume that other users would like just the opposite. Therefore I could image to offer such feature maybe as a parameter in "Display & language" section.

Cheers,
Thomas

1611487054680.png (41.2 KiB)
1611487362609.png (31.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @ThomasW. noted. I'll see what we can do about this.

0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources