question

Fra avatar image
Fra asked

Smartshunt Charge Efficiency percentage

Good evening, I ask another question about the recently purchased Smartshunt.
The Smartshunt compensates the count of the charged energy with the parameter "charging efficiency".
This parameter is default 95% for Pb batteries.
Currently in my Smartshunt there are 3.2kwh of energy charged, and 2.8kwh of energy discharged.
This is much less than 95%.
Why?
Does this mean that the actual efficiency of my battery is around 89%?
Or does it mean that the Smartshunt uses this parameter in other values and not in this data (energy charged / discharged) ??
SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
lehrling avatar image
lehrling answered ·

Efficiency is another one of those moving targets, changes with depth of discharge I believe.

I read from someone more knowledgeable here that efficiency should be set lower to around 85% for lead acid.

I personally don't think a battery monitor will ever be bang on, can probably make one crazy trying to make it so!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Fra avatar image Fra commented ·

hi, i agree completely with what you say.

But I don't understand why the Smartshunt, set at 95% efficiency, signals me a very large difference between discharged energy and charged energy.

That is, it indicates about 89% efficiency.

Is this why am I wrong?

In other words, the charging efficiency parameter set is not reflected on the "discharged energy" and "charged energy" values?

I don't know if I explain myself, I know very little English and I help with Google translate ....

0 Likes 0 ·