question

Jesus Mazo avatar image
Jesus Mazo asked

Is there any setting for soft start gradual battery Charging?

Hi.

I would like to program the inverters to charge the batteries gradually for the first few minutes. As default the Victron Quattros starts to charge the batteries at full power straight away and on big systems this can put strain on diesel generators. Is there any way to do this?

battery chargingGenerator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

I notice that when first turned on, the charger ramps up to full bulk rate until float voltage is reached. This doesn't take much time if the batteries are already fully charged.

Without a battery monitor, this seems like the only answer, however if a battery monitor (BMV or SmartShunt) is present, it should know where the battery is in the charge profile and could prevent the charger from kicking into bulk charge if not needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi.
have you tried enabling “Dynamic Current Limiter” setting in VE.Configure?

https://docs.victronenergy.com/veconfigure.html

BR

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jesus Mazo avatar image Jesus Mazo commented ·

I did look into this setting but seems to be related to the load and not to the charge current, so, it does not feel exactly what I am trying to achieve.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic