question

th22 avatar image
th22 asked

Victron Connect for SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 - how do I save the Settings

A Newbie to the Victron product

I have done a keyword search but haven't found the answer

Using Victron Connect on Android to monitor and control a new installation

As there seems to be a lot of settings to configure, I selected the Expert Mode option but I cannot find any option to save this change - if I exit Settings there is no prompt to save the change and when I re-enter Settings Expert Mode is deselected.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @th22,

there is no save settings option. All your changes are saved automatically. You get a green check mark for the option you changed.
For Security reasons expert mode is turned off by default. This cannot be changed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @th22

You can create a Battery Preset which will be listed with the default ones.

Give it a unique name, edit it, delete it, etc. It'll be remembered.

From memory, just make the changes you want to a default preset and it will show as User Defined. Click on that and Create Preset.

From memory though, but you'll work it out.. :)

2 |3000

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Yeah, the "Expert Mode" toggle is confusing. It reverts to Off in my case, too (on two SmartSolar chargers), when I enter the settings again.

It works in a different way one would expect a toggle to work.

Apparently the On/Off position of this "Expert Mode" toggle only enables/disables access to those "expert" settings.

It does not disable the actual changes made to the "expert" settings. Or at least it looks like it does not.

So, for instance, if you enable "Expert Mode" and then change the "Tail current", this changed value for the tail current will be active even when the "Expert Mode" toggle is "Off".

Victron should at least explain this strange behavior in the solar charger manuals.

2 |3000

th22 avatar image
th22 answered ·

Thanks seb71, JohnC and stefanie for your responses.

When I bought this controller I didn't realise how apparently complex the configuration would be.

I have no idea what the make and model number of the two 150 watt solar panels on my caravan are (I will have a look later today).

The two batteries are Ritar RA12-120SD iAGM Deep cycle but I have yet to find a lot of their required specifications

2 |3000

Related Resources