question

merkemarine avatar image
merkemarine asked

How to display battery voltage from two BMV-700s on Raymarine Axiom 7?

I have two BMV-700s hooked up via VE.direct to a Cerbo GX. I have the Cerbo GX integrated with a Raymarine Axiom 7 via the network port AND VE.can. I can access both BMV-700s via the Victron App on the Axiom. I can get only one of the BMV-700s to populate the Battery 1 data box on the Axiom. I can't get either BMV-700 to populate the Battery 2 data box on the Axiom. I read the instructions and can change the data instance of each BMV-700, but I can't change the instance to 1. I can change the instance to 2,3,9, or 0, but I can't change it to 1. I used Actisence NMEA Reader and a NGT-1 to change data instances. All equipment and software has been updated to the latest rev.

cerbo gxVE.CanNMEA 2000 - N2Kraymarine
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@merkemarine, I have managed to get this working. I am remote from my boat at present so cant check. This thread I kicked off when I had problems might help.

I left the main shunt (24v system) as data instance 0 and 1. The additional shunt (12v system) I set to data instance 2 and 3. This is the inverse of what I put in the thread, as I reverted it to this model so that any other VE.Can based devices (Solar charge controllers) worked correctly as my system is 24v based and expects the data instance to be 0.

Hope you get it sorted...

7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

merkemarine avatar image merkemarine commented ·

Thanks for the response. My problem is the Axiom wants instance 0 for Battery 1 and instance 1 for Battery 2.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm merkemarine commented ·

Have you told the Aciom that maybe it has more than 2 batteries. I configured the Axiom to have 5 batteries abs never told it to display any data on battery 1!

The ability to define the number of batteries is in the Axiom system setup somewhere.

I don’t know if it will work, but have you tried setting the BMV so it does not have a second battery, or to change the second battery on the BMV to be maybe data instance 8 and then the first battery in the second BMV to be instance 1?

0 Likes 0 ·
merkemarine avatar image merkemarine bathnm commented ·

Say, that may work. I can tell the Axiom I have three batteries and display the second BMV on bank number three. Not an elegant solution, but a solution nonetheless. Thank you. I'll give it a try and report back.

0 Likes 0 ·
merkemarine avatar image merkemarine bathnm commented ·

Thank you bathnm. I went to the boat and told the Axiom it had three batteries and set the drive bank battery to instance 2. Now the house battery shows in battery 1 on the Axiom and the drive battery shows in battery 3.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonny Sollid avatar image Jonny Sollid merkemarine commented ·

Did you just change the device instance or was it necessary to change the data instance as well?

0 Likes 0 ·
merkemarine avatar image merkemarine Jonny Sollid commented ·

I'm sorry, but I've already forgotten and there is no way to get to the boat to look for an answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jonny Sollid avatar image Jonny Sollid merkemarine commented ·

Thanks for reply. I have solved this and it is the data instance that needs to be changed.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources