question

haudidier avatar image
haudidier asked

Phoenix inverter 24/5000 230v only green LED flashing

Hi, I have an issue with this inverter.

2 times this month.Suddenly, the AC out shuts down. And there is only the green LED "inverter" blinking (with a battery is full). To restart the system I have to turn the system off and on.

MCU Firmware: 2614430

PIN 245020000

Best Regards,

Nicolas

Phoenix Inverterled
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Didier, I have reviewed the manual, ASAIK or understand, the inverter blinking means it is OK. What kind of power did you take out of the inverter when the shutdowns happened ?

What kind of wiring, battery bank do you use, PVs, etc...

I have seen such behaviour when we are taking too much energy from the battery bank, and the voltage falls to a limit, in which the inverter shutsdown.

Michel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

haudidier avatar image
haudidier answered ·

Hi Michel,

the battery bank is 1300Ah, and when the shutsdown comes the used power was very low.

In the manual it seems that when the inverter flashes, it is only in the case of 2-3 inverters put in parallel. It's not very clear

6 comments
2 |3000

michelg avatar image michelg commented ·

Hi Didier, 1300Ah Li-Ion or Pb ? Seems really curious. Not sure if we are reading the same manual : https://www.victronenergy.fr/upload/documents/Manual-Phoenix-Inverter-3k-5k-230V-VE-Bus-enabled-(firmware-xxxx4xx)-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-IT.pdf

Another point, you said the battery bank is full, how can you determine it ? Usually, it happened in my installation, when the temperature was low, and demanding too much power during a small period, as the Batt. Bank was not able to provide the power, even it was considered as "full".

More details are welcomed regardind setup, cabling, how the battery bank is recharge, where is it located, etc.

Thanks.

Michel.

PS: BTW if you speak french you can get support here in French, and I also can write you in this language.

0 Likes 0 ·
haudidier avatar image haudidier michelg commented ·

Hi Michel,

it is the same manual: "7.2.1 VE.Bus OK codes
If the internal status of a device is in order but the device cannot yet be started
because one or more other devices in the system indicate an error status, the devices
that are in order will indicate an OK code. This facilitates error tracing in a VE.Bus
system, since devices not requiring attention are easily identified as such"

its seems it is in the case of 2-3 inverters connected together.

The battery was full inside the boat, because the propulsion of the boat had been running since 7 hours. And in this case the battery is charged by the alternator. When the shutsdown comes, the battery voltage was 27V.

0 Likes 0 ·
michelg avatar image michelg haudidier commented ·

Hi didier, thanks for the details. In my setup, the battery bank was also charging at 27VDC, which is NOT ENOUGH, and they went through a heavy sulfation. The usual value to charge the batteries is between 29,4-30,00VDC according to the battery specifications.

What mark, model, chemistry are your batteries ? It is really important, as I suspect you are sulfating them.

Thanks, Michel

0 Likes 0 ·
haudidier avatar image haudidier michelg commented ·

I don't think there is a problem with the charge but I will check.

But usually, the genset is used each day to charge the battery, and the absorption voltage is around 30V.

0 Likes 0 ·
haudidier avatar image haudidier haudidier commented ·

the battery is a tubular lead acid

0 Likes 0 ·
michelg avatar image michelg haudidier commented ·

Hi Nicolas, without the tecnical details, it is almost impossible to sort out the issue. Mark, Model, Voltage per battery, Wiring, etc. It can be a lot of things, even those we don't think about when trying to understand.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
haudidier avatar image
haudidier answered ·

Hello

below is the wiring diagram.
bat.pngbut my main problem is to understand the significance of this "only green LED flashing".
Because it is strange, I can't find it in the manual.

bat.png (36.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic