question

stevo07 avatar image
stevo07 asked

Multiplus Programmable relay

Hello,

Can anyone advise me the current rating for the programmable relay on a 48V/3kVA-35A-16A Multiplus please?

When shorting out the wires we can start the generator automatically and it is drawing around 0.3A. When wired to the Multiplus relay we can hear and also test that the relay is closing to call for the generator but it doesn't start.

TIA

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerRelayAssistants
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

On page 23 of the manual it says:

5) Programmable relay which can be set for general alarm, DC undervoltage or genset start/stop function
AC rating: 230 V/4 A
DC rating: 4 A up to 35 VDC and 1 A upto 60 VDC

The manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-MultiPlus-3k-230V-16A-50A-(firmware-xxxx4xx)-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE.pdf

It should start the generator. Have you checked with a multimeter that you have continuity when activating the relay?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stevo07 avatar image stevo07 commented ·

Thanks. Guy on site is saying so but I will double check

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Sorry but just had to put the sales hat on

much better to use a CCGX colour control as you have a lot more start and stop control options, plus heaps of other advantages

https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/color-control

Its well worth a look

2 |3000

kenyon avatar image
kenyon answered ·

Hi Stevo07,

I have found that sometimes wires (especially multistranded) don't make good contact with the relay terminals. Best results have been with a "long" stripped wire (strip about 12mm) and solder the wire to make it rigid or use the longer spiral type bootlace ferrules (i battled with the 10mm "shinny" ferrules)

Kenyon

2 |3000