question

ryan-sheidow avatar image
ryan-sheidow asked

Pylontech US3000 not displayed in the device list

Good Day,

I am having the same issue that was reported in the "US3000 not shown on venus" thread. In my case I have a Multiplus-II GX (5k), thus it is a little more complicated to swap out and I'm hoping to resolve this without having to got that route.

I've read the aforementioned thread as well as other other related threads and I am pretty sure that I've got everything set correctly. Here are all the steps I have taken:

1. Upgraded the firmware
  2. Set "CAN-bus profile: CAN-bus BMS (500 kbit/s)" (note that it was already set)
  3. Tried a different CAN-bus cable between the battery and the inverter (I have 2) and also tried flipping it around.
  4. Powered on and off the batteries
  5. Tried a single battery.
  6. Tried switching around the CAN terminator and the cable

Below are pictures and screen captures of my installation. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thank You,

Ryan

device-list-vrm.png

device-list-vrm-expanded.png

device-list-console.png

can-port-settings.png

inverter-connection.jpg

batteries1.jpg

batteries2.jpg

Multiplus-IIPylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Hi @Ryan Sheidow

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:can-bus_bms-cable#selecting_the_right_cable

The supplied cable does not work with a GX. Check the article above.

The links between the units are fine though.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ryan-sheidow avatar image
ryan-sheidow answered ·

Hi @Alexandra

Are you certain it is the case that I am using the wrong cable? The cables I have are from this kit: https://autosolar.es/accesorios-baterias/cables-pylontech-lv-bateria-inversor. It specifically says "un cable de comunicaciones de 3 metros con crimpado para comunicaciones CAN" I think the translation is fairly obvious. This is the correct cable, right?

Thank You,

Ryan

5 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi @Ryan Sheidow

I have used Pylontech on a few systems now. Always either use the type A from Victron or make up our own, the pi outs are given in the article. Feel free to check them on the cable you have purchased. The one from that kit does not have the correct pin outs for the GX side.

0 Likes 0 ·
ryan-sheidow avatar image ryan-sheidow Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Got it. Thank you. Do I want a type A or a type B? The article says type B for US3000.

Ryan

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ ryan-sheidow commented ·

Choose the right one for your battery model and you will be all set. From what I can see in your picture type B looks to be the one.

0 Likes 0 ·
ryan-sheidow avatar image ryan-sheidow Alexandra ♦ commented ·

This was exactly the issue. I just plugged in the type B cable and it is working perfectly. Thank you for the help! Next time I won't take for granted that the cable is the right one :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ ryan-sheidow commented ·

@Ryan Sheidow

No problem. And don't stress. We also made the same assumption with our kit as well.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron Pylontech battery compatibility guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic