question

Simon Phillips avatar image
Simon Phillips asked

Old Multiplus 12/3000/120 with smart BMS CL 100/12 will it work ?

Having had enough of running my generator for hours and hours in the winter to get my AGM's to 100% charge ( summer no problem with my solar ) I have decided that as soon as I can afford it I am switching to 2 x lovely new 200Ah Victron Smart Lithium's .

I plan to use Smart BMS CL 100/12 as my BMS in order to integrate by alternator and also my Midnite solar controller .

The Midnite can be configured to accept the Charge disconnect output of the BMS but I have an old 2007/08 Phoenix Multiplus 12/3000/120 and not sure if I can shut down the charger and loads on this with the BMS , It does not have Aux inputs of the later models .

I don't really want to spend on a new one especially since my outlay on new batteries is large and the ole Victron is in really good condition and working fine so why bin it ? there must be a way of shutting it down ? can the Cyrix Li-Charge / Load be used for example and if so how ?

Many thanks in advance

imon

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers