question

nekktt avatar image
nekktt asked

VE Bus smart Dongle doesnt shows up

I connect (VE bus smart dongle) to battery, then only the blue light blinking. OK. Then I paired via bluetooth with my phone and the blue light stays on and what ever i did does not appear in (victron connect app). Not only that but doesnt appear in victron connect app in pc using MK3-USB ofc, even force detection. I also tryed VEconfing. Nothing.

VE.Bus Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Have you connected it to a MultiPlus?

It is not described in your question.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

It sounds like you have paired via your phone Bluetooth settings, rather than through the VictronConnect app.

Try to unpair the dongle from your phone, then power cycle the dongle and try to pair with it using the VictronConnect app.

If the dongle is connected to a VE.Bus device and the VE.Bus device has been detected (which can take a few minutes), then the VE.Bus device will appear in the VictronConnect device list (instead of the actual dongle).

2 |3000

nekktt avatar image
nekktt answered ·

At the beginning i didnt pair it with my phone like you said. nothing.

And yes i tryed also to connect it to multiplus II i own, didnt show up.

2 |3000

kelvis avatar image
kelvis answered ·

Hi. I'm having problems with my new smart dongle. I load victron connect and open dongle but there are no settings for inverter operation. I have a multi plus 24 3000 240v with victron rg45 cable (new) and my inverter wont turn on with dongle. Only operated when data cable is disconnected. I also have the mk3usb interface but that won't show up in victron connect. Getting rather irate.

4 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
How old is your MultiPlus?

The firmware of the MultiPlus needs to be at least 415.

1 Like 1 ·
kelvis avatar image kelvis Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Just found out my firmware number starts with 18 so quite old. I e already bought a dongle and a mk3 usb so hoped I haven't wasted my money
0 Likes 0 ·
kelvis avatar image kelvis kelvis commented ·
I just need to change it to support my fogstar lithium

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ kelvis commented ·

You will need to use VE.config, VictronConnect only works with newer products.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you need a MK2 for your old MultiPlus.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic