question

frakvica avatar image
frakvica asked

Cerbo GX battery alarm won't clear

I unplugged my battery monitors today to swap cables and plugged back in. Both battery alarms are both active now. How do I clear them?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@frakvica

Is the alarm in the vrm or on the Cerbo itself? What alarm is it exactly? The device that is sending the alarm is also important to know. Sometimes just a reboot of the Cerbo will clear the alarm. Sometimes you also need to switch off your inverter and then back on again.

If the alarms are under notifications on the Cerbo then you can acknowledge them. Then reboot to clear them.

This does depend on what made the alarm though. Are your mppts also giving errors? Often there will be #67 bms lost when you unplug the bms from the GX. You can view them on victron connect to check. You may need to reset them and then set them up again.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/mppt-error-codes#err_67_-_bms_connection_lost

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

frakvica avatar image frakvica commented ·

The alarm is in the VRM portal which is monitoring the Cerbo GX. I have 2 BMV-712 battery monitors connected the Cerbo. There are 2 alarms set.

Log out

2 active alarms, first one: Battery Monitor [278] - Voltage

Alarm logs for d412430b5ba0

Device Triggered by Description Started at Cleared after

Battery Monitor [279] Alarm rule Voltage 2020-12-12 11:58:50 Active

Battery Monitor [278] Alarm rule Voltage 2020-12-12 11:58:50 Active

I just want to clear them. I don't think the Cerbo is complaining. Just the rules on the VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic