question

brand avatar image
brand asked

EasySolar 12/1600 red and Green/Yellow LEDs blinking alternatly, Inverter doesnt start, no AC out AC

Hallo community,

my multiplus compact (im Easysolar 12/1600) in an austrian cottage in the mountains won´t start any more, inverter and charger don´t work , the red LED and green/yellow LEDs are blinking alternatly.

MPPT is working, battery is loaded 100 % , i already updated 3x with newest firmware, the fuse inside is oK

many thanks for your help

RB

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dgnevans avatar image
dgnevans answered ·

Can you access the CCGX and are there any alarms in the notifications. If there are no alarms. try disconnect the batteries and the solar allow the system to completely power off and all lights on front to go off. leave it for a few minutes and then reconnect the batteries followed by the solar. with the inverter in the off position.then try and power on. see if you it will power on. you could also connect to the VE.bus port with an mk and reset the inverter back to factory then see if it starts up again.

One last thing make sure any inputs and outputs are isolated from the inverter when running the tests, Best to disconnect them.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brand avatar image brand commented ·

THX for your advice!

I don´t have a CCGX.

I disconnected and reconnected the battery under the recommended conditions

I connected to VE.bus with mk3 and resetted to factory.

All inputs and outputs where disconnected during tests.

All these actions didn´t change anything, charger and inverter are still not working, red led and green/yellow led a blinking as before.

any more suggestions?

0 Likes 0 ·
dgnevans avatar image
dgnevans answered ·

Can you confirm what batteries you are using?
Are you charging of utility & or Solar?
Did you disconnect all inputs and outputs prior to disconnecting the batteries or after?

1 comment
2 |3000

i disconnected input and outputs before disconnecting the battery.

i use a victron AGM deep discharge 220 AH Battery, witch is 3 years in use and in a good shape.

normally i´m charging with solar, and, if there is too less sun, i charge with a generator additionally.

i wonder, if should downgrade to the original firmware, which was installed, when i purchased the easysolar in 2017??

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Brand

Have you tried using the victron toolkit app to work out what the combination of lights means?

If you use the mk3 and victron connect is there any further information?

4 comments
2 |3000

@Alexandra

victron toolkit app doesn´t show LED definitions from easy solar stuff, Ive tried this already.

victron connect over mk3 shows thecorrect battery capacity , but no voltage. It says "disorder" with no further information about the details. When i plug in grid, it shows the grid voltage at the input, but no voltage at the output - and- inverter won´t start.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ brand commented ·

The easy solar is the same as a multiplus. But I think you are at the point of needing to take your unit into a service centre if possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@brand I just had a thought is your battery ok? It is a few years old.

0 Likes 0 ·
brand avatar image brand Alexandra ♦ commented ·

THX for your advice, merry christmas!

0 Likes 0 ·