question

skyfall avatar image
skyfall asked

3 phase system and single phase MP

Is a 3 phase system with 3 phase AC input and single phase AC Input possible?

I have a 3 phase system with 3 Multiplus II and i want add additionally a single Phase Mulitplus to load the Battery.

The Battery is a BYD LVL 15.4 kw with BYD BMS

3 phase
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

janieronen avatar image janieronen commented ·

You can use the current MP to do that. Configure 1-phase generator to L1 and adjust settings that In the case of phase two and three failure, the Master will continue charging the battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi, according to the VE.Bus system configurator turtorial, this should be possible:

1607943281162.png

I have never tried that by myself, but it would not be in the turtorial if it would not work ;o)

BR

Markus

1607943281162.png (410.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

baxter avatar image
baxter answered ·

Hi, would that work in combination with a three phase ESS? The three phase generator is the grid. The fourth Multiplus would be connected to an additional 1phase AC source, eg a generator. This generator is only used in case of a grid failure and no PV available. Battery is LFP (so with BMS). Do I need an additional GX Device for the 4th Multi or can it be handled by the existing GX used for ESS?

Tia

2 |3000

gpwengineer avatar image
gpwengineer answered ·

I am interested in the same setup @Baxter . Ever get it working?

2 |3000