question

pmandrews avatar image
pmandrews asked

Phoenix inverter 24/3000 230v overload LED flashing with no load then shuts down

Hi, thanks for letting me join your community. Apologies that my first post is a problem question, but hopefully as I learn more about these devices I will be able to contribute something as well!

I recently purchased a used Phoenix 24/3000 inverter with the following identification information:

External:

PIN024302000

Internal:

MCU Firmware 1812144

PCB 010021

PIN 24/3000

It worked perfectly for the first two weeks, but now it has developed a fault where it will not power-up. I have not overloaded it (max load has been around 1000w and fan was heard cycling normally).

The symptoms are that immediately after switching on (even with output terminals disconnected) it does one of the following:

1. Produces correct output voltage for about 4-8 seconds with green LED on and overload LED flashing, then shuts down with only the ‘Overload’ LED is lit solid.
  2. Does not power up at all and only the ‘Overload’ LED is lit solid.

I’ve checked all the obvious things like battery connections and voltage at busbars, tightness of all nuts/bolts in the DC bus, re-seated all internal connections between circuit boards, looked for any obvious internal damage or signs of overheated components on the PCBs. There is no evidence of thermal stress on the PCBs or transformers, no corrosion or any other damage.

There are no unusual noises, just the usual quiet hum of the transformers until it shuts down.

I was hoping to get some useful diagnostic information via the RS485 port and Victron software as I have a generic RS485 to USB converter, but I cannot find the pinout for the connector on the control PCB, nor the baud rate used by this device.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Paul.

Phoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image
Vangelis Beligiannis answered ·

Hi. I had exactly the Same issue with an Easysolar 24/3000. Finally it turned out that there was an internal megafuse exactly after the battery connection that was faulty. Check it out!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pmandrews avatar image pmandrews commented ·

Thanks for the response - I have tested the 300A MEGA fuse and it tested fine with a multimeter. I have also removed it and connected it in series with a 12v battery and 55w bulb to check that it doesn't go open-circuit or high resistance under load.

0 Likes 0 ·
booroobin avatar image
booroobin answered ·

Interesting about the megafuse - I have a 24/3000/70 system that does exactly the same. I will check the fuse and get back to you guys.

Any updates on the original system?

2 |3000

booroobin avatar image
booroobin answered ·

bypassed the fuse - same symptoms. There is another link before the inverter after the magafuse that I will check out as well. It maybe the unit that measures the load? Does anyone know?

2 |3000