question

bluspark avatar image
bluspark asked

How to set up a Manual Start Gen on the Multiplus ll, no AGS available ATM

I have a newly Self installed 48v 5kVA system, we are seasoned "off gridders " but new to the Victron equipment.

Color Control GX connected to the VRM, I have the GX Control 3 app able to make changes if settings are given

Smart Solar MPPT 150/60

Multiplus 48/5000/70-50

100 Ah Lifepo4 Batteries ( these are temporary till we make a decision on batteries)

5 KVA Generator Hatz Diesel Manual Start 230v

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I really dont know what your question means or is , but if its can you set it up to start the gen then yes.

there is a gen autostart option in the GX unit. go to settings then relay, change the relay mode to gen autostart. ten all the options will appear in autostart.

the GX devices relay is a N/Open relay so you have to setup some timers to hold the start button basically on for a set number of sec. etc etc

or if its how to connect it, then just connect it to the AC IN 1 of the multiplus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bluspark avatar image
bluspark answered ·

Thanks for your response, we have a generator that doesn't have Auto Start, it's connected to the correct AC IN 1, but the Multiplus rejects the generator after approx. 1 minute. I have changed the settings in the Control GX 3 app, but uncertain on how to transfer those altered settings to the Multiplus ll, I've spent a good few hours researching, but unable to come up with the correct settings that should be set on the Multiplus ll

1 comment
2 |3000

harold avatar image harold commented ·

I think you need to change the MP2 settings via VE Config and to accept a wide range of the Gen.

Secondly, using the GX Generator functions, it is more logisc to have the Gen on AC2IN and the Grid on AC1IN (if available)

0 Likes 0 ·
bluspark avatar image
bluspark answered ·

Overload L1: Warning, is what came up

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Bluspark

By default the Multi should just accept the generator when you start it. If it doesn't accept it, have a read through here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

2 |3000