question

jetwire avatar image
jetwire asked

Cerbo GX Remote Password (only) wrong when connecting via IP address

Ok this is a strange one. When connecting to the Remote Console of the Cerbo GX via VRM my password works perfect every time.

When connecting via the IP address in a web browser it always says the password is wrong. I have reset and tried several (super simple) passwords and they only seem to work via VRM.

Once I disable the password check (Have to do this via VRM) I can get in again via direct IP on LAN. That is very insecure though.

Enable on LAN is enabled.

Any suggestions? I would like to have remote access in the event of losing internet.

My Venus GX at another site is working perfectly.

cerbo gxgx device
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

valden avatar image valden commented ·

I’m having password problems too with Cerbo, Remote Console, with Firmware v2.60.
I am connecting my iPhone to the Cerbo’s wifi network successfully. If I disable the Remote Console password, I can successfully connect to Remote Console via Victron Connect (with Bluetooth off so that only wifi enabled Victron devices are found).
However, if I set a password and ‘Manually reboot’ (as instructed) I cannot connect to Remote Console.

What is ‘Manually’ rebooting? Is that pulling the power cable from the Cerbo? Or simply using the Reboot selection under Settings, General?

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

There is a fix for this bug now in the 2.62 beta, thanks all for reporting.

If you need it immediately, please read about how to enable release candidate updates (and understand the risks) - https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/70348/venus-os-v2625-available-for-testing.html

Otherwise this will be part of the next official release.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

how are you connecting to the internet currently via the wifi or via the lan connection.

if its via wifi, then try with a rj45 connection to the router then see if you can get it on the lan

5 comments
2 |3000

jetwire avatar image jetwire commented ·

Thank you for the suggestion. I was on wifi. Just tried it with ethernet but the password still only works on VRM.

Tried changing the password a few more times this morning and a few hard reboots. Still no luck. Sounds like a bug but i'm surprised no one else has encountered it.

0 Likes 0 ·
pv-head avatar image pv-head jetwire commented ·

problem.jpgI have the same issue in my cerbo installation. I also tested different passwords and so on... It only works without a password.

0 Likes 0 ·
problem.jpg (24.2 KiB)
jetwire avatar image jetwire pv-head commented ·

Thank you for sharing! Does your password work when using VRM?

0 Likes 0 ·
pv-head avatar image pv-head jetwire commented ·

Yes, the same password works perfect in VRM!

0 Likes 0 ·
jetwire avatar image jetwire pv-head commented ·

Thanks! Hopefully the Victron people are seeing this.

0 Likes 0 ·
eliott avatar image
eliott answered ·

I would also like to add my +1. Happening on my test install as well.

Firmware 2.6

@400000005fcfe61a3b0fa2f4 QVNCServer new incoming connection from "127.0.0.1"
@400000005fcfe61b026e17dc QVNCServer Client protocol version RFB 003.003
@400000005fcfe61b026e371c
@400000005fcfe61b02b8e44c QVNCServer Authentication failed!
@400000005fcfe61b02c1026c QVNCServer disconnected from "127.0.0.1"

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Thanks for reporting all,

It has been reproduced and will be passed onto the developers to investigate and fix.

2 |3000

krl avatar image
krl answered ·

Same issue here. Just +1ing in case any news are commented

2 |3000

Related Resources