question

dbainbridge avatar image
dbainbridge asked

VictronConnect missing some devices on macOS

I'm running VictronConnect on macOS 10.15.7 and the Local tab only shows the Cerbo GX even though I have a SmartSolar and BMV connected. The iOS app does show these other devices when using Bluetooth. I assume there is some other software setting I am missing somewhere?

Thanks.

edit: This is on a 16" MBP which has Bluetooth 5.0

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Have you Bluetooth activated at the macOS device?

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dbainbridge avatar image dbainbridge commented ·

Yeah.. bluetooth is enabled on my Mac..

0 Likes 0 ·
dbainbridge avatar image dbainbridge commented ·

I'm also slightly confused why it even needs to use Bluetooth when I have ethernet connection to the Cerbo GX. My assumption was that it would use that connection and not Bluetooth.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ dbainbridge commented ·

I'm not so familiar with macOS, is VictronConnect having the premission to use bluetooth?

If you want to connect to the MPPT/BMV via the Cerbo you need to have internet and the Cerbo must be connected to the VRM portal.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/VictronConnect_Manual/en/index-en.html#UUID-99b11689-24e7-0b5c-b187-19e019b3ad5a

0 Likes 0 ·
dbainbridge avatar image
dbainbridge answered ·

Not sure what happened but was playing with the iOS app on iPad again, manually removed the BMV and smartsolar from the connected devices in Bluetooth system preferences on the iPad and then later tried VictronConnect on the Mac and they all of a sudden showed up again. Seems a little strange that this is all relying on Bluetooth when it has Wifi and hardwired ethernet connection to Cerbo GX.

Does this mean you have to manually disconnect the devices from your device's Bluetooth whenever you use a different computer/tablet to run VictronConnect?

2 |3000

Related Resources