question

shawn-gordon avatar image
shawn-gordon asked

Cerbo GX Release Date and Availability?

Wondering if there is a realistic arrival time for the new Cerbo GX and GX touch 50? It originally said on the Victron site that it was expected in February, and then it got changed to March, and now there is nothing listed on the site. Need to know because I have a project we are in the middle of and waiting on it to complete. Just trying to maintain customer expectations...

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all, yes I understand the confusion.

Here are the details: the first batch is already shipped out; and was sold out even before it came into our stock. So we made my February promise :-). (But only for those that ordered first, sorry for that)

Next batch, arriving in two weeks, also already sold out completely.

Batch there after, arriving another two weeks later, is already partially sold out. But not yet completely.

Indeed I took the feb/march line of the website.

Distributors can see detailed availability on our ordering website: and to secure something, they can place an order. And (unless some issue that halts production comes up) can rely on the dates shown and confirmed. But, this product is new, and as always, no hard promises. So please contact your distributor for details.

i can assure you that everyone is working hard to get production capacity up asap; but there are always ramp up times, small things to improve on the line, etc.

So, thanks for all your enthusiasm! ;o). Hope that clears it up.

ps. And yes Corona virus might end up causing issues too, also for products made in India or even in Europe. Almost all Victron products, as well as any electronic product for that matter, nowadays contains one or more components made in China. So far all is fine though.

16 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

shawn-gordon avatar image shawn-gordon commented ·

Thanks for the reply and clarification. I placed my order about a month ago, so I am hopefully one of the buyers of those first 2 already sold out shipments. How can I find out about this? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ shawn-gordon commented ·

Hi Shawn, you’ll have to ask your dealer.

0 Likes 0 ·
shawn-gordon avatar image shawn-gordon mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi again. I asked my dealer, and he has very limited information. This was his response: "They don't send out ETA for shipments, they just post on their dealer site. This is what is posted currently. If a US shipment was scheduled it would be listed. All it really means is that the first shipment due to arrive in the Netherlands in 3 weeks time has been pre-allocated. It doesn't say how many or to whom. Regular shipments take two months to come from Europe, they may decide to fly some over but there is no guarantee." We are US based and purchasing in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Do you know when the shipment is coming to our region? Is there a way to get a more detailed time frame. Our dealer does not know what shipment he is getting or when it is estimated to come.

I am happy to email you direct if that would be better.

Thanks again.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ shawn-gordon commented ·

Hi @Shawn Gordon

If your distributor / dealer ordered in time, one of the first batches should arrive soon, but when that's already sold out with them, then the next batch takes more time of course.

I was lucky to order one in time and that has sort of arrived (delivered at a neighbor), I ordered that one one month ago.

0 Likes 0 ·
shawn-gordon avatar image shawn-gordon Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks again for replying, but I am still left somewhat in the dark. How can I or my dealer find out if we are getting the first, second, or third shipment, and when those shipments may arrive? I too ordered over a month ago. Again, not trying to push, but just trying to manage my customers expectations. Thanks in advance for you help.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ shawn-gordon commented ·

Hi Shawn, Didnt you/your dealer (ie the one ordering from us directly) receive an order confirmation from us with a date on it?

What you/he needs to do is email our orderdesk and ask to confirm the actual expected delivery date.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Updated above

0 Likes 0 ·
shawn-gordon avatar image shawn-gordon mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi again @mvader (Victron Energy Staff). Thanks again for trying to help through this. I emailed my dealer with the info that you sent to me, and got an interesting response. He said "cant help you with this. When it comes it comes. Asking about it every day won't make it come any faster. If you are in a big rush we have alternatives." I then followed that up with a phone call in which he said "he is sick of dealing with this and will not help". We have not been calling them every day by any means, and are just looking to get a rough ETA for our customer.

We are a yacht service and refit center and purchase our products through our dealer / distributor. The dealer we are working with is PKYS out of Annapolis, MD and the person that we worked with is Peter Kennedy. He has been very hard to work with (get answers, info, explanations, suggestions on other Victron products, etc) through this whole process, as we have designed and spec'd an entire solar, inverter/charger, monitoring, dc charging system, etc. etc for this application. The only item we are waiting on now is the Cerbo and Touch 50 display.

I appreciate what you have done so far to help, but this dealer does not seem to want to help at all. Is there anything else you can do for us. I am happy to email directly if that makes more sense.

0 Likes 0 ·
shawn-gordon avatar image shawn-gordon shawn-gordon commented ·

FYI, my email address is sgordon@severnyc.com

0 Likes 0 ·
shawn-gordon avatar image shawn-gordon shawn-gordon commented ·

Hi again @mvader (Victron Energy Staff) or any other Victron staff. Just wondering if you were able to figure anything out to help me with this issues? Thanks much.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ shawn-gordon commented ·

Hi @Shawn Gordon

We cannot see that, your distributor can see the estimated delivery moment.

0 Likes 0 ·
shawn-gordon avatar image shawn-gordon Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, I understand that, and as I mentioned above, I have tried to go to them with this info you provided. They said they were unwilling to help, and were downright rude. Can forward emails as well. So I was hoping you guys could help us out some how.

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ shawn-gordon commented ·

@Shawn Gordon for what it's worth, since we're a US distributor as well and we placed our order for the Cerbo and display screen probably around the same time as your distributor, our order has a "planned for" date of 4/1, which means -if all shipments proceed as currently anticipated- we would most likely be able to start fulfilling orders around the second or third week of April. Of course, we're on the west coast, so it would take the shipment longer to reach us than your distributor on the east coast, so yours would possibly be able to fulfill orders before us.

Understand that this is all an estimate (and for that very reason, we don't actually have them listed for pre-order yet) but assuming that your distributor ordered around the same time as we did and that their order will be fulfilled from the same shipment to the US as ours (which is not guaranteed, but there are at least decent odds) then that may at least be helpful to you in providing a very rough timeframe to your client.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Today we got our first 3 units (Cerbo + touch 50), but when we get the next delivery is not sure maybe in March. idk

I think the demand is much higher then Victron expected. So I think all units of the first batch are already sold. We can only hope the next batch is big enough to fulfill all orders.

6 comments
2 |3000

ttbb avatar image ttbb commented ·

Well my reply above is a little inaccurate as to the official release but still may result in delays fulfilling the next batch.

0 Likes 0 ·
shawn-gordon avatar image shawn-gordon commented ·

Thanks for responding. Where are you located? I am in the Mid-Atlantic region of the US and wondering when we will be able to get them. Are these units that you received available for purchase?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ shawn-gordon commented ·

I'm from Germany.
All of the units we received are already sold or for our own test bench, sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·
nebulight avatar image nebulight commented ·

Throw up some youtube videos for users. I'm curious to see how responsive the touch screen is compared to my Pi :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ nebulight commented ·

@nebulight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SunT-1R9c8
I would say it is very responsive, if there are any lags than not because of the display but because of the cerbos CPU is at heavy load.
But in this short clip no other devices are connected. In the next days/weeks I will install/connect 6 MultiPlus-II, MPPT Charger, Lynx CAN.Bus Shunt and temperature sensors to this cerbo.

0 Likes 0 ·
nebulight avatar image nebulight Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Thanks. Looks good!

0 Likes 0 ·
ttbb avatar image
ttbb answered ·

I should image the situation in China is the obvious factor here. Even if like the MPPTs they are made in India that is not to say all the components are. It would be illogical to release a new product if there are supply cain issues.

2 |3000

Related Resources