question

laurenceh avatar image
laurenceh asked

Enhancement request - VRM - Generic reading (Humidity, anything) rather than "Temperature",

With the anticipated release of a 0-20ma interface, could we request that the VRM graph display any generic scale readings (which can be named by the user) rather then only plotting "Temperature" devices. Tanks, temperature and humidity (and probably other values) are all numbers which generally range somewhere between 0 and 100. This could be made backwards compatible by allowing the old /temperature/ services plus a new /generic/ service.

On my boat I have a humidity sensor to monitor for cases where I might have a condensation problem. Next time I visit I'm going to update my "humidity" service to publish its data as a "temperature" so that the VRM will log it, and then rename the device as humidity. This seems an unnecessary work round which could be avoided if the VRM realised that any single value 'generic' service could be plotted and given the name assigned by the user/installer.

VRMfeature requesttemperature
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
trygvelu avatar image
trygvelu answered ·

I second this - it's very useful to add sensors for monitoring the environment of the installation.

Dashboard looks like this now (rpi2 with bme280 sensor via i2c):

1619596112082.png

1619596112082.png (46.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

VRM login page

VRM documentation

VRM API documentation

How to change the Owner of a VRM installation

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.