question

Thomas Haus avatar image
Thomas Haus asked

VictronConnect says other device connected, Victron Mppt

Hi all,

the victron app tells me always that the MPPT is already conencted to anoterh device. I was connected before with my phone und my phone made a restart.

I read already that i could cut the power and the PV from the MPPT. But this is no option for me because my dealer installed the MPPT in a way that i have to uninstall some furniture in my motorhome. Does anyone has another idea?

Flightmode, uninstalled and reinstalled, all is done, helps not.

MPPT SmartSolarVictronConnect
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hummingbear avatar image hummingbear commented ·

Try connecting to the MPPT with a different device (i.e. your laptop or another phone) and see if that works.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Haus avatar image Thomas Haus hummingbear commented ·

i tried this from another phone, same happens again

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Thomas, eventually you could proceed at night, no power from the PV and just disconnect your battery. Wait a few seconds, and then reconnect the battery, it should fix the issue.

Michel

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thomas Haus avatar image Thomas Haus commented ·

Thanks a lot, i try this, hope i can read the cables for the battery at the MPPT. I have only a few centimeters for the screwdriver. No idea why there is no power off or reset button on the device for such errors

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ Thomas Haus commented ·

@Thomas Haus,

There most definitely should be a power off for your system.

An accessible isolator to physically switch off the solar panels is an essential safety feature that must be installed by the installer in all systems.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Haus avatar image Thomas Haus Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

in general you are right. I have this for nearly all devices but not for the MPPT.

On the other hand, my opinion is that every electrical device should have a power off button. As a television, i would not power off the complete house in case i want to power off the television only ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·