question

maximdim avatar image
maximdim asked

App stuck on 'Fetching Data'

I have a smart solar MPPT charger 100/15 which was working fine for some time. now when I try to connect to it from the app I can see the charger but the iOS app stuck at 'Fetching Data' screen.

Tried restarting the phone, reinstalling the app, disconnecting the charger - still no luck.

Any advice?

Thanks.

MPPT SmartSolarVictronConnectBluetooth
img-9625.png (116.6 KiB)
img-9626.png (382.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi maximdim,

What version of VictronConnect are you using at the moment? The latest is v5.30.

If you are indeed using that version, can you please make a Service Report and post that here?
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#how_to_create_a_victronconnect_service_report shows how to make one.

Regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

maximdim avatar image maximdim commented ·

Replied in the main thread, sorry.

0 Likes 0 ·
maximdim avatar image
maximdim answered ·

Thiemo,

I'm running 5.30. Please find Service Report attached.

VictronConnect_report.log

Thank you!

img-9640.png (147.4 KiB)
img-9642.png (173.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

What is happening is that the communication between the Bluetooth part and the MPPT part of the SmartSolar has failed. That is why the product info only shows the Bluetooth Interface and not the MPPT part.

You could try to power cycle the SmartSolar by disconnecting both the PV and the battery for a minute or so and then reconnect them both.

If this does not help, I am afraid that the unit is defective.

With kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

maximdim avatar image maximdim commented ·

I have tried to cycle SmartSolar multiple times. No change. I guess I would have to contact Victron to find out if they would replace the unit.

Thank you for your help

0 Likes 0 ·