question

t4trev avatar image
t4trev asked

Victron multiplus 12/2000

I have a victron multiplus 12/2000/80 inverter charger fitted to my narrowboat.

every so often, roughly once a day, it switches itself off, all the 240 sockets go off and around 10 seconds later it switches itself back on and all is well.

there are no warning lights on the panel, the switch is set to ’charger only’ and I’m on 240 mains power via a land line, none of the other narrow boats are having this kind of problem

i have been told this is very common and just a safety features of this unit as it’s checking it’s systems, charging etc.

my question is of course IS it normal? Or is there an underlying problem?

any help/advise is appreciate.

victron products
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I would say that that's NOT normal.

However you say you have it set to charger only, this not what I would do, as if the mains goes off then the power will all-so go off as you don't have the inverter mode turned on, you should have it set to Inverter/charger and then if the power goes off the inverter will take up the slake, that's as long as you are not drawing to much power that is , and its wired in correctly as per victrons instructions

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic