question

gideon avatar image
gideon asked

Triping Inverter Quattro 10000VA

My Quattro 10000VA trips when I power on 48V battery through a 10A DC breaker. What could be the issue? How many Amperes should this inverter draw at no load?

input current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Saff avatar image
Saff answered ·

Hello, I suspect this will be due to inrush current on the input capacitors in the low voltage side of the Quattro. Best you have the recommended breaker on there or at the very least something like 100A for testing purposes. Input current on that Quattro could be in excess of 400A under peak power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gideon avatar image
gideon answered ·

Thank you for your response, I have taken awhile before embarking on this inverter. I tested it under no load and I was not sure about its behaviour because from its datasheet, zero-load consumption is 60W which translates to less than 1A. I did not want to test it under bigger breaker because I feared there might be a problem somewhere. We had replaced the capacitor below. Therefore, could the in rush current under zero-load be close to 100A? I would wish to power it on again today. Thank you.

whatsapp-image-2020-11-18-at-100841-am.jpeg

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic