question

buryck avatar image
buryck asked

Smart devices connected to a GX Color Control with VE.direct cables or smart networking?

Hi, i have a 24/3000 Easysolar that has a CCGX (wich comes equiped with a 150/70 charge controller), and i also have a smart 100/20 solar charge controller, and a smart shunt.

My question is, how do i connect all this devices together so that i have all the information on the GX Color Control?

The 150/70 CC is already connected to the CCGX with a VE.direct cable, and that leaves me only one VE.direct input into the CCGX, but i want to connect both the 100/20 SCC and the smart shunt to the CCGX.

Is it possible to connect all this devices to the CCGX using only VE. smart networking?

Thanks alot for your answers.

MPPT SmartSolarCCGX Color ControlSmartShuntVE.DirectVE.Smart Network
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@buryck hi, and welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately no GX device -including the CCGX- is VE.Smart Networking capable, nor is the information being transmitted over VE.Smart Networking the same information that you would want to see in any case.

To connect additional VE.Direct devices to the CCGX, please use a powered USB hub and VE.Direct to USB Interfaces, as described in Section 2.3.2 of the CCGX User Manual.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

buryck avatar image
buryck answered ·

Thanks alot!

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VE.Smart Networking Manual

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic