question

Michael Kaiser avatar image
Michael Kaiser asked

VictronConnect can't "SIGN IN TO VRM"

When I upgraded to an iPhone 12, I found the VictronConnect app was no longer connected. I was able to connect to my local devices using Bluetooth. However, when to try to connect to VRM, nothing happens when I press SIGN IN TO VRM."

Nothing. I've restarted the phone, deleted the app and redownloaded. But when I press SIGN ON TO VRM or SIGN-IN in the Settings, no dialog appears. I'm not asked to enter my userid and password.

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
jperez (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello Michael,

The sign in is made via the web browser. We have just found that on iOS 14 that when safari is not the default browser, the button to sign in doesn't work. We are going to look into it and fix.

In the mean time you can set the default browser to Safari and sign in to VRM, once done, you can change the default browser again as it is not needed anymore.

The default browser setting is located here:

Settings -> Scroll down to the apps list -> Safari -> Default browser

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

edvanz avatar image edvanz commented ·

Also on ios 14 via LAN connection to Cerbo GX doesn't work for local devices when using ip address it works

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Kaiser avatar image Michael Kaiser commented ·

We have a winner. Bingo. Thank you, jperez.

0 Likes 0 ·
Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered ·

I'm trying the same on Linux desktop and it doesn't pop up any browser to login into VRM. My guess that developers didn't use the xdg-open tool.

2 |3000

Related Resources