question

davek avatar image
davek asked

Solar Input not showing

Hi,

I have a Victron Easy Solar 24/3000/70-50 MPPT 150/70. It came with a CCGX on the front of the unit and another one to be connected remotely if I wanted.

I have this unit connected in an off grid arrangement in Australia and it works great. I love it.

I'm not an expert in this stuff but I know enough to connect it myself. Batteries, 240v generator in (when needed), solar panels in and 240v out to the load.

I love looking at the display that shows where the power is coming from and going to. I love looking at it so much that I don't want to walk out to where the unit is mounted to see, so I have connected the remote CCGX.

The problem is the remote CCGX is not showing the solar input but the CCGX on the front of the unit does. I've searched the forum but can't find the right answer. When I connect the remote unit it shows all of the components minus the solar panel feed.

Can anybody assist me with any suggestions? I did read that the firmware in the remote CCGX might need an update but I would have thought this should all arrive in a box ready to plug in and just work?

The setup is in a remote location so i'll have to take your advice away with me to try next time i travel there.

Thanks

Dave

CCGX Color ControlEasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What do you mean by "remote CCGX"?

Do you have a 2nd CCGX? How is it connected to the system?

It is not a recommended setup to have two CCGX in one system.

If you want to access the infos of the system remotely than you have to connect the CCGX to you LAN/WLAN and you can access the remote console locally by entering the IP of the CCGX into your browser or through the VRM portal from all over the world.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start#vrm_portal

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

davek avatar image
davek answered ·

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your response. I have the second CCGX plugged into the remote port inside the Easysolar and have run a Cat 5 cable to the remote CCGX. I didn't know that there shouldn't be 2 connected. The setup I have is at a remote property so there is no phone, no internet and no wifi etc.

Is there any simple plain english instructions that you might be able to assist with. If I shouldn't have 2 CCGX connected what is the way most people would connect thiers?

Its weird that they send a second CCGX with the unit for remote connection?

I will have a read of your link also.

Thanks.

2 |3000