question

tim22 avatar image
tim22 asked

Smart BMS CL 12/100 - connections and compatibility?

I would like to connect my alternator and smart solar mppt controller to the start battery and then to the alternator/start terminal on the BMS CL 12/100. This is on a 30 ft sailboat and I don’t run the engine enough to ensure that the start battery is kept charged so this configuration would ensure that the solar charges the start battery before the house bank.

i would also like to know if the BMS CL 12/100 would work in the above scenario with non Victron LiFePO4 batteries (i.e. battle born or re-lion)

Thanks

Tim

BMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The Victron BMS is only designed to work with Victron smart lithium batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

diamach avatar image
diamach answered ·

@tim22 Hi Tim, i'm wondering the same, i have that setup too, did you have any luck trying it?

2 |3000

Woody avatar image
Woody answered ·

Has nobody had experience with this enough to answer this question? The Victron website only mentions Victron batteries which really makes me wonder.

2 |3000