question

blskevin avatar image
blskevin asked

Dual sources, one battery, one load two Multiplus, how to configure

I have purchased and am installing today on my boat...

2 multiplus inverter/chargers

1 Cerbo + display

1 712 battery monitor

I actually already installed a couple weeks ago, the Cerbo, display and battery monitor and am happy with them.

My boat has...

* one battery bank that can accept 200 amps of charge current.

* Two shore panel feeds that may or may not be in phase depending on the harbor I am at. These also can be switched to generator through interlocking breakers.

The AC input to the multiplus units will be from breakers in the shore power panel (s).

* One single phase 30 amp dedicated inverter panel.

Here is my challenge. I could pretty easially set the multiplus units in a parallel master/slave configuration, but I would have to use only one shore power to feed both multiplus units as to avoid out of phase sourcing.

I would prefer to set the system up to have only one inverter feeding my inverter panel at a time. I do not need the combined output of two multiplus inverters. I could do this through a A-B switch.

Then I could AC power the multiplus units from the two separate shore power panels. This setup would provide redundancy of shore power, plus redundancy of inverters (through the a-b switch), and redundancy and increased charger capacity.

The question is howe to make this work and display correctly on the Cerbo display? Is there anything special I need to do with the configuration tool to have the chargers work together?

My thought is that with the same charge profile the charge functions would be just fine as “separate“ systems, but I am concerned how to make the Cerbo display show one battery bank with both multiplus units.

THANKS!!! for the help!

multiplus in parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
blskevin avatar image
blskevin answered ·

OK, Here is a question...

Can more than one Multiplus exist on a network if it is not in a master slave relationship?

Would it be better to just power both multiplus units from the same source and set them up as parallel stacked?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

blskevin avatar image
blskevin answered ·

Well, I had to do something so I set up my system as a parallel system, and it works great!

2 |3000