question

makeskyclear avatar image
makeskyclear asked

Lorawan & Cerbo

Are a further lorawan modul in the planning stage, which work with Cerbo (bidirectional)?

cerbo gxLoRaWAN
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I don't think this will be possible.
The LoRa network is designed for very small ammounts of data. LoRa usually does 27Kbps when it has the airtime. It should not use 100% airtime because other people need to share the airtime. The Cerbo (Venus) data is way more than the LoRa network is designed for.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/5889/new-victron-community-guidelines.html

When will new product X, Y or Z be available?

Please do not ask the community when products, updates or approvals will be ready or available.

New products are announced at various shows and on the Victron blog website. This is done when the specifications are quite certain, but before there is a good indication around supply dates. Delays can occur. Victron Professionals can subscribe to our weekly newsletter which provides updates.

Check the price list on our website. For soon-coming-but-not-yet-in-available products, it lists an indicative release date. Anything not listed in the price list yet is not progressed far enough for us to give out a date. So we will not comment on availability questions.

Approvals are often subject to testing and 3rd party organisations that operate on their own timeline.

Thanks for your interest and patience, we want to have these available too!

I don't think so because the used LoRaWAN bandwidth is way to slow for that.

2 |3000

makeskyclear answered ·

Thank you.

I know the properties of the lora/ttn protocol. Especially at SF7.

I meant, alarm reports, or other data (selectable parameters, e.g. battery voltage, system status ...) in agreement of the lora/ ttn specifications.

Also data or alarm value triggered events or periodical (confirm to the lora rules) or/and daily report.

But bidirectional.

3 comments
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

LoRa could accommodate alarm events for sure. I think that would be a good idea for remote sites with a venus device with zero cellular but maybe LoRa Gateway in range.

Maybe you could edit your title to say "Feature request: LoRa for Venus alarm events."?

0 Likes 0 ·
makeskyclear avatar image makeskyclear wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I am to stupid to edit title?

I think that is amongst other things and not in my case, a possibility to send weather data or ship data from winter marina. Hourly resolution is often enough.

0 Likes 0 ·
makeskyclear answered ·

I have asked if I should invest in an other supervision.

Thank you.

For Wishlist?

2 |3000

Related Resources