question

philippe avatar image
philippe asked

Issue with 4G/LTE provider assigned (non public) IP address

The issue I have is that my provider (Base - Belgium) don't put the IP address public available and every 4 days, they change the IP address, what results in the Venus and router (M1 Nighthawk) has no longer internet access and also no remote console from the VRM. The solution is to reboot the router or via the admin console of the router to switch off and back the data. But when my RV is stalled at 30km from home its require a drive back and forth, so I consider the physical reboot as not a viable solution.

I want to understand the technique of the bi directional data exchange with the VRM.

I wish to know if somebody else has the same issue and how it has been solved.

Best, Philippe

VRMVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @philippe

There's nothing sinister about the way the GX accesses the web (VRM). It just needs a LAN address allocated to it by the router (or whatever) that has web access.

Varying public addresses are very common nowadays, and the router should just roll on. This will be where your issue lies, maybe in it's settings? Speak to your ISP about this if you can't fix it yourself.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mt-geek avatar image
mt-geek answered ·

Some Nighthawk do not like the wan ip to change with out being rebooted. try update the routers firmware

2 |3000