question

edvanz avatar image
edvanz asked

Smart Solar MPPT 150/70 TR VE.Can in parallel. How to change data instancing PGN 127750

I'm in the progress to iron out all instance errors on my NMEA 2000 network.

It is a large network split in two and bridged with a NBE100 from Maretron due to it size and voltage requirements. The Victron side consists out of 2x Quatro 8000 24V in parallel + DMC, 1x Skylla-i + DMC, 2x Smart Solar MPPT 150/70 TR VE.Can in parallel. The batteries are Winston cells in 2 banks of 1000Ah each at 24V controlled by Rec BMS in master slave configuration all items are connected to a Cerbo GX with NMEA2000 out activated. My NMEA2000 network did run fine till I connected the Victron network to NMEA cable into the the backbone. Very quickly I found out that changing device instances will break the communication between the Victron units and after reading all I could get my hands on I found an article from Mathijs Vader about not changing device instances but to change data instances instead. With Actisense NMEA reader I was able to clear 12 instance errors on the network but I'm left with 1 error. The Smart Solar MPPT 150/70 TR VE.Can both give out PGN 127750 (Converter/Invertor/Charger Status) and with Actisense NMEA Reader I can't change that PGN's data instance. This PGN is causing between 4% and 14% network error issues on my NMEA2000 analyzer meter from Maretron. Does anybody have an idea how to change this data instance without breaking the parallel operation of the MPPT's?

Thanks,

Ed

cerbo gxMPPT SmartSolarNMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers