question

tigrecito avatar image
tigrecito asked

NMEA 2000 MPPT and BMV show Battery 0 and 1

Hi, BMV has 2 batteries attached. Normal battery and starter battery. Voltage and current is properly pushed to NMEA 2000 as battery 0 and battery 1. As soon as I connect a MPPT, battery 0 and 1 also show values from MPPT.. so they are mixed. NMEA display now shows both values and switching them. For example at night my battery 1 shows always flashing voltage between 13V (voltage of starter battery) and 0.01V (Voltage of solar panel)

Any idea what to do? I would like to see the MPPT values in NMEA network-but not always as flashing values.

cerbo gxBMV Battery MonitorMPPT SmartSolarNMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
tigrecito avatar image
tigrecito answered ·

I found something out: I used dbus-spy in shell to change the data instance of mppt .

now it is working as expected.. I just wonder if there is anything which can be broken now?

regarding manual it is not advised to to so .. what could be a possible impact of this solution and how to check if I have a problem?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.