question

danielk avatar image
danielk asked

ColorControl GX and BlueSolar 150/70 connection problems with Ve.direct

Hello everybody,

my system worked perfecelty over last 1,5 years. A few day ago, suddenly, the MPPT wasnt shown anymore on the CCGX. When I reboot the CCGX, MPPT will be shown for a few minutes and then it shwos "not connected".

I tried to eliminate a hardware problem.

- I tried another VE.direct cable and the same problem arises.

- I tried the other VE. direct port on the CCGX and the same problem arises.

- I tired a VE.direct bluetooth dongle on the BlueSolar. It connects without any problems and doesnt loose the conncetion, so the VE.direct port on the BlueSolar is working.

Putting it together: neither the Ve.direct port on the CCGX, nor the VE.direct port on the BlueSolar, nor the Ve.direct cable is the problem.

I really do not understand and please need help.

Thanks in advance,

best,

Daniel

MPPT ControllersCCGX Color ControlVE.Direct
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

That sounds like a CCGX problem, of course you could still try the ve.direct to USB option, to continue the troubleshooting isolation.

Alternatively, let your distributor log it as an RMA once they have tested and repeated the fault

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi ! It looks like a wrong electrical connection or a parasite on your line. I would try cleaning the contacts on the CCGX with a spray for electrical contacts cleaning (unplug the power from it, and wait for a while that all the cleaning liquid evaporates), and also search / verify if any new electrical installation has been added or changed lately, which may cause interferences.

Michel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.