question

ian-macleod avatar image
ian-macleod asked

Cyrix or FET diode bridge ?

Hi everybody,

I am in the process of upgrading my boat from a single battery to separate battery banks. I have a few questions about that.

1. what / which technology is best to use and connect to charge both banks with the chargers (shore power, alternator, wind and solar).
2. I have been looking for Cyrix and FET Diode bridges and do not know what is best and how to connect. And if a Diode is a 1 way system how do the chargers know when they are full.
3. What are the best universal settings for AGM batteries if I want to set the BMV712, Smartsolar and shore power charger. Now I notice that my old lead battery is not yet full according to the charger, but the BMV gives 100% and keeps bulking for 30min.

all tips and help welcome :)

greetings Ian

sheena.jpg

MPPT Controllersbattery chargingCyrix Battery CombinerArgo FET Diode
sheena.jpg (116.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
morissen avatar image
morissen answered ·

Hi

what I would do: If your 230v bat charger is a single bank charger buy a new charger with multi banks(has own diodes) or cheap method buy a 10 amp single charger. second buy a mosfet diode 2 banks. Connections: Alernator to mosfet input' mosfet output 1 to starter , output 2 to service. Weak solar to starter , potent solar to service. Big charger to service , small new 10 amp charger to starter. Wind to service. That way battery banks are kept always separated.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.