question

bathnm avatar image
bathnm asked

Venus OS and VE.Bus Error Report

My system is constructed of 4 x 12.8/200Ah Lithium batteries configured as 2S2P with a VE.Bus BMS and Multiplus 24/3000/70-50 all monitored through a Cerbo..

I had an issue the other day that caused a charge disconnect event to happen, but have no traceability of this within the Cerbo alarms or Venus OS.

All I can find is the following within the Inverter menu on the Cerbo, but no detail. Is anyone able to let me know what VE.Bus Error 8/11 Report in the Cerbo actually mean.

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVenus OSVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

I might have answered my own question ;)

Having read https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2019/02/19/venus-os-v2-23-ve-bus-11-details-small-fixes/ and also reread the error codes page and the screen shots within. It looks like this is a page that would display the details of any reported error 8 or 11 codes and not that there has been one.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

You are correct, there is no error report there, so there has been no E8 or E11 error.

Also correct that user interface doesn't make that situation very clear while troubleshooting. I will see if that can be improved.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

HI @Bathnm,

you may check VE.Bus Error codes here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes

Maybe a problem with the Ground Relay.

1 comment
2 |3000

bathnm avatar image bathnm commented ·

Thanks. Had thought of that, but not often connected to shore power and thus ground relay being used. Also the error format seems strange compared to other examples.

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Has anyone got any ideas? I have read the VE.Bus Error codes and code 8 and 11 apply to MultiPlus-II or EasySolar-II. I have a MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50. I also have not had it connected to mains in a very long time as it is on a yacht and so been using it as an inverter only.

Many Thanks

2 |3000