question

energylad avatar image
energylad asked

Victron Quattro with LG Chem Telecom module () and PLC interface

Hi there,

I have a rack of LG Chem lithium batteries, these are the 48V telecom modules, not the RESU. The batteries have a built in BMS which requires a stay-alive signal with the master controller over Modbus RTU on RS485. The master controller or the PCS needs to read the CCL and DCL from the batteries as well as SOC/V/I/Alarm flags and take action when if alarms occur or CCL/DCL is exceeded.

I have programmed a PLC to read from the batteries and then write the CCL/DCL to a rectifier using modbus RTU on RS485 also.

I know want to use the modules with a Victron inverter, preferably a Quattro or Multiplus to be used alongside AC- coupled PV. ideally I'd like to have multiple units of Inverter & battery rack AC coupled in the same building acting independently & being charged from same PV or grid.

So, my questions is:

Can inverter or GX device repalce my PLC to actively communicate with the BMS, is there a way i can specify the modbusregisters and for SOC , CCL etc...

Or can i write a CCL/DCL using my PLC over modbus RTU on RS485. My PLC does not support ModbusTCP.

I have a venusGX at the moment although i dont think is support RS485. Unless I use an adapter.

Thanks in advance.

Lithium BatteryVenus GX - VGXrs485
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Venus GX manual

Venus GX product page